Working for Carers is a London-wide project that supports unpaid carers, aged 25 or over, to move closer to employment. The project is led by Carers Trust and delivered by its network of 24 partners across London, and is jointly funded by the Big Lottery Fund and European Social Fund.
Their aims are:
Carers can access free support, designed to meet their individual needs and delivered in their local area. This may include:
- Support carers to pursue their employment goals through confidence building and skills development.
- Offer a flexible service that considers individual needs and ambitions.
- Engage with local businesses and organisations to create employment, training and volunteering opportunities for carers.
- Highlight the benefits of employing carers, adopting carer friendly policies, and understanding the needs of carers in the workplace.
- One-to-one support and advice with a dedicated Employment Personal Advisor
- Group activities and training workshops
- Support with writing CVs and interview techniques
- Help with job-searching
- Access to employment, volunteering and training opportunities
- Unpaid carer or former carer
- aged 25 and over
- living in London
- not in any paid work
To find out more about this free service:
For carers in Waltham Forest:
Tel: 020 8514 6251 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org