Young Carer Referral Form: Newham
Upon referral, our Carers Hub team will send out a digital information pack which includes important medical and consent forms we need completing and returning which will allow the young carer to access groups and activities.
Our young carer team will contact the young carer and their family to introduce Carers First and discuss the caring situation and start to explore what support is needed and what we can provide to help.
It is important that all the required information is completed on the referral form to ensure we are able to contact the family as soon as possible.
Support we provide young carers include:
- 1-1 information and support caring role
- Support with conversations with school or college regarding the young person’s caring role
- Support to access longer term if required though referral for a young carer’s assessment
- Workshops and training including confidence building and managing conversations
- What’s App and on-line groups and activities