We are living in unprecedented times and are determined to continue to provide support to carers. We are closely following the Government’s advice in relation to Coronavirus (COVID-19) and have a robust business continuity plan in place, which we are reviewing regularly to ensure we can protect the wellbeing of our staff/volunteers and continue to deliver services.
Carers are in the front line, a great number providing essential care for a friend or relative within the government’s identified vulnerable group, many of whom fall within this group themselves. As always they are doing an amazing job and we will continue to provide support to those who need our help.
What are we doing:
- Our Carers Hub remains open Monday-Thursday 9am – 5pm and Fridays 9am – 4:30pm
- Our evening virtual drop in will continue to run every Wednesday evening via webchat from 6-8pm
- We have identified carers at risk and initiating wellbeing calls to ensure they are safe and supported
- We will continue to provide telephone, email, webchat and online support to carers
- Carers can access our Carers On-line Forum and we plan to hold regular live wellbeing sessions with a support worker
- We are sending regular emails to carers with information about local initiatives and advice from local and central government
What has changed:
- Carers FIRST has suspended all Carers Groups and Activities until further notice
- Any request for face to face support will be strictly limited and assessed on a case by case need