Where we work from
We have staff who work from Broomfield (Chelmsford), Princess Alexandra (Harlow), Colchester, Basildon and Southend hospitals.
How we can help
Staff based at the 5 main hospitals will offer support, advice and guidance while you or the person you look after is admitted.
- Support to liaise with hospital teams and social services to ensure you are able to access the right information and support for you and the person you care for
- Support you with information advice and guidance while you are in hospital and following discharge
- Emotional support during your hospital stay
- Signposting and referring to other agencies
Once you or the person you care for has been discharged you can continue to access support from Carers FIRST*. We can help with:
- Information, advice & guidance specific to you as a carer
- Support to liaise with adult social care to ensure you are able to access the correct support for you and the person you care for
- Opportunity to talk in detail about the impact caring has on your life and consider what additional support is available to help you
- Practical training to help you in your caring role
- Help to check eligibility for benefits and financial support
- Opportunities to access support groups and activities so you can meet other carers
- Access to the Carers FIRST forum, “What’s on” Guides and E-Bulletins
- Support to plan for possible future emergencies
*Please note that Southend-On-Sea residents will be signposted to the local carers hub for on-going community support.
If you or the person you care for have a planned admission, let us know on the Carers Hub number as soon as you have an admission date. We will then be able to liaise with health professionals and adult social care to offer support so that not only your stay, but also your discharge from hospital can run as smoothly as possible.