1. The promoter of the Carers First Prize Draw 2021 (the “Draw”) is Carers First, registered charity number 1085430 and company number 04144820, whose registered address is Unit 4 Michael Gill Building, Tolgate Lane, Rochester, Kent, England, ME2 4TG (the “Charity”).
2. Participation in the Draw costs £10 per Draw ticket (“Ticket”). Tickets can be purchased by visiting carersfirst.org.uk/LaplandPrizeDraw or completely free of charge by sending a correctly post paid letter, containing your name, address, contact number and email address (if possible) to Carers First Prize Draw, Unit 4 Michael Gill Building, Tolgate Lane, Rochester, Kent, England, ME2 4TG (“Address”). Each correctly post paid letter you send in constitutes 1 Ticket and entry into the Draw.
3. The Draw is open to all residents of Great Britain (which comprises England, Scotland and Wales, and excludes Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man) aged 18 years or over.
4. The winners will be chosen by random draw from all of the entrants in the Draw, on Saturday 18 December 2021.
5. The Charity will undertake random age verification spot checks on entries received to assure itself that entrants are 18 years or over.
6. If a Ticket is sold unknowingly to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 18, or an individual is unable to successfully complete a random age verification spot check, they will be exempt from the Draw and will forfeit their prize and the stake will be returned.
7. The Charity accepts no responsibility if the chosen method of payment is cancelled in error.
8. No responsibility is taken for Tickets and payments which are lost, damaged, illegible or from which the prize-winner cannot be identified, or for any technical failure or event, beyond the Charity’s reasonable control, which may cause the competition to be disrupted or corrupted. Proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
9. The Charity reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend or amend the Draw where it becomes necessary to do so.
10. Closing date for the receipt of Tickets is 23:59 on Friday 17 December 2021. Tickets received after this date will not be entered in the Draw but the payment will be treated as a donation unless expressly stated otherwise by the sender.
11. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions upon entry. The Charity reserves the right to refuse entry or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
12. All entries sent in response to the Draw will be thanked in writing, either by letter or by email if entered online. We will also thank you for your donation unless you request otherwise.
13. Your Tickets will be entered into the draw as soon as the whole payment is received or when the letter containing your details is received by the Charity at the specified Address.
14. Monies raised by the Charity in the Draw will support the work of Carers First, specifically the charity’s work with young and young adult carers.
15. The Charity reserves the right to make changes to these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
16. The winner will receive tickets for two adults and two children aged 2-11 at the time of the trip (infants under 2 are not recommended to travel), to visit Lapland on Sunday 4 December 2022 with Canterbury Travel flying from Stansted Airport. The tickets include the cost of flights, food, all activities and a private family meeting with Santa himself.
17. If a child is older than 11 at the date of the trip, you will need to pay the difference in price between an adult and a child ticket. If you would like to add additional children to the trip, you are able to pay for tickets subject to availability.
18. The prize is non-exchangeable however it is transferable upon agreement of the Charity, the winner and who they nominate to receive the prize.
19. The Charity reserves the right to replace the prizes with alternative prizes of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Charity’s control makes it necessary to do so.
20. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Charity, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winners or accept liability for any loss or damage occurring as a result of taking up their prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Charity, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall limit or exclude the Charity’s liability for fraud, personal injury or death, which after investigation is found to have been howsoever caused by the Charity.
21. The result of the Draw is final. If you wish to make a complaint, the Charity do operate a Complaints and Dispute Procedure, which is available here.
22. Winners will be notified directly by the Charity by telephone or in writing.
23. A list of the winners initials, surnames and county can be requested by emailing email@example.com
24. Winners may be required to provide proof of age.
25. Winners will have up to 1 month following notification of their win to claim their prize and the Charity will make all reasonable attempts to contact prize winners during this time.
26. The winners may be asked to participate in publicity related to the Draw which may include the publication of their name and/or photograph in any media. Winners have the right to choose not to participate in publicity.
27. These Terms and Conditions and any dispute or claim between the parties arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Each party irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions.
The Charity will always treat your personal details with the utmost care and will never sell or swap with other organisations for their marketing purposes. We will keep your data safe and private, holding the information you provide for communication, marketing, analysis and administrative purposes.
We will send you information based on our legitimate interest to communicate with you, but rest assured you can stop receiving this, or change any of your preferences at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to Unit 4 Michael Gill Building, Tolgate Lane, Rochester, Kent, England, ME2 4TG. For full details of what information we hold and how we process your data, please visit https://www.carersfirst.org.uk/privacy-notice/.