Volunteer for Us
Volunteers are a vital asset to Carers FIRST.
Why not consider joining our friendly and dedicated team and help us ensure we meet our aims and vision to support carers in the community?
What are the benefits of volunteering?
People may volunteer for a many different reasons and there are a number of benefits if you choose to volunteer
- Share your skills and experience to help others
- Try something new and rewarding
- Meet new people and become part of a team
- Build your confidence and self esteem
- Learn new talents and enhance your CV
- Make a positive difference to your community
- Help care for those who care
What can I do?
- Telephone Befriending
- Helping at support groups
- Helping with benefit forms
- Administrative assistance
- Supporting with Young Carer activities
What are we looking for in a volunteer?
- A smiling face
- Good listener
- Great interpersonal skills
What will we do for you?
We really appreciate the offer of your time, skills and commitment and we strive to make volunteering a positive and rewarding experience for you. We will provide:
- A full induction programme
- Training and supervision to enable you to complete a task
- We endeavour to ensure there is flexibility and scope for personal development
Who can volunteer?
Carers FIRST value diversity and equality in the workplace, if you feel you could contribute to our cause we would love to hear from you.
How much time do I need to give?
As much or as little as you like! We appreciate any time that you are willing to give. We do ask for regular commitment.
How will volunteering affect my benefits?
We will cover your expenses for a DBS check and travel if required. Volunteering is unpaid and thus will not affect access to benefits as long as you continue to satisfy the conditions of benefit entitlements.
How can I become a Volunteer?
If you would like to volunteer or would
like to know more information on the range of projects that you can get
involved with please email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org. Our volunteer coordinator will contact you as soon as she is able.
Following receipt of your application form we can meet you for an informal interview and discuss options available at Carers FIRST as a volunteer.
We can arrange for an induction and DBS check to be completed, if required and then agree a convenient start date.