Working for Carers ‘Get Work Ready’ Employability Skills Course
16th, 23rd and 31st January 2020
St John’s Church, Broadway, Stratford, London, E15 1NG
Working for Carers is a London-wide project that supports unpaid carers, aged 25 or over, to move closer to employment. The project is led by Carers Trust and delivered by its network of 24 partners across London. The Working for Carers project is funded by the European Social Fund and the National Lottery Community Fund.
‘Get Work Ready’ Employability Skills course, will support carers accessing Carers First through a 3day workshop series, over 3 weeks. Each week, carers will attend a workshop, facilitated by Working for Carers, whereby they can access support that helps them develop their individual career development goals.
Carers will be invited to participate in 3 workshops over the period of 3 weeks at St John’s Church in Stratford, London from the hours of 10am – 2pm, on the dates of Thursday 16th, Thursday 23rd and Friday 31st of January 2020.
At the end of the 3weeks, carers will have the opportunity to meet with a Working for Carers Employment Personal Advisor for additional 1:1 support.
Carers will be required to enrol on the course, by contacting Carers First.
Week 1 - Introduction and Confidence Building Workshop (Day 1)
- Participants will meet with advisors in a group setting and hear more about the ‘Get Work Ready’ Employability Skills Course, the Working for Carers project and additional support available. Carers will also be exploring how they can develop their self confidence
Week 2 - CV Development and Effective Job Searching (Day 2)
- Participants will be looking at how they sell themselves on paper, how to explain gaps in their employment and effective job searching
Week 3 - Developing Interview Skills (Day 3)
- Participants will be provided with tools that help them develop effective interview and networking skills
At the end of the 3 week ‘Get work Ready’ employability course, participants will be presented with a certificate of attendance.
This programme is eligible for any carer registered with Carers First in Waltham Forest, Newham and/or Hackney a who requires support with accessing employment or who would like the opportunity to go onto training or education.
Carers would need to register onto the Working for Carers project and
- Be and unpaid carer (not in any form of paid employment including zero-hour contracts and self-employment)
- Be 25 years and over
- Have right to live and work in the UK
Carers who wish to access additional 1:1 support can meet with a Working for Carers Employment Personal Advisor through arranged and agreed separate appointment date and times.