Skip to content

For Professionals supporting carers

If you are a health or social care professional concerned about someone in a caring role, you can refer them to Carers First, provided you have their consent. 

Once a referral is submitted, a Carer Support Adviser will contact them to discuss their caring role and the challenges they're facing. Depending on the circumstances, we can provide information, support and personal plans to help that person move forward.

Get support

Whether you're a carer in need of support or you're a professional concerned about somebody, you can refer through our local services.

Subscribe to our newsletter for health and social care professionals supporting unpaid carers
Visit our online help and advice section

Our help and advice section provides information and guidance on a range of topics aimed at helping both carers and professionals supporting carers.