Carers First is always looking for new volunteers to help us reach and support more unpaid carers. As well as making a positive difference to someone else's life, volunteering is a great way to meet new people and learn new skills. It is also an excellent way to gain confidence and experience that may be helpful when applying for jobs in the future.
Many of our volunteers are carers or former carers themselves, looking to help others in a similar situation, make new friends or keep their skills up to date.
There are many ways you can get involved and support Carers First through volunteering.
What can I do?
- Become a Telephone Befriender
- Check in on carers
- Support carers get online as an IT Buddy
- Help us run our carer social and support groups
- Help carers who need support filling out forms and applications
- Support our office admin team
- Support our Young Carer activities
- Help us reach new carers in your community
- Help make doctors surgeries more carer friendly as a GP Link
Volunteers play an essential role at Carers First and in gratitude for people’s time, skills and commitment we strive to make volunteering a positive and rewarding experience.
- A full induction programme
- Training and supervision
- Flexibility and scope for personal development
How much time do I need to give?
As much or as little as you like. We appreciate any time that you are willing to give. We do have a minimum commitment.
How will volunteering affect my benefits?
Volunteering is unpaid and will not affect access to benefits as long as you continue to satisfy the conditions of your benefit entitlements. We cover travel expenses and a DBS check.
Who can volunteer?
Carers First values diversity and equality in the workplace, if you feel you could contribute to our cause we would love to hear from you.
How can I become a Volunteer?
If you would like to volunteer please complete the application form below and return it to us at email@example.com. You can also email for more information and to find out more about the different projects that you can get involved with.