Making a Referral
If you are a professional supporting a carer you can make a referral to us to provide specialist support.
A Carer Support Adviser will contact them and discuss their caring role, what challenges they are facing and what changes they would like to happen. We will provide information which will help support them to make positive informed choices.
Those with more complex caring roles or where carers may be struggling, our community team will work with the carer to produce a personal plan and identify the best way forward, for them as individuals.
Support we provide carers:
- tailored information, advice and guidance to help with their caring role
- the opportunity to talk in detail about their caring role and co-produce a plan to support you, linking into ours and other local services
- help carers access and prepare for a carer’s assessment
- support with conversations with people and services including GPs, social care and hospitals
- practical training to help carers with their caring role
- support carers to maximise household income by providing information about welfare benefits and financial support
- opportunities to access groups, activities and our Carers on-line forum so carers can meet and chat to others in a similar situation to themselves
- regular contact by telephone, Carers First website and on-line chat, monthly e-newss and regular “What’s On” guides containing details of groups supported by Carers First and other organisations
- support carers to plan for emergencies
To make a referral please click on the area the carer lives in and complete as much information as you are able to.
Please ensure you have the carer's permission before making the referral.
Please note that if you are a professional in Lincolnshire, referrals are made through the Lincolnshire Customer Service Centre.